Not every service provider is created equal. Most companies quote the same numbers without checking to see if their pricing is factual, and/or follows generalized assumptions based on the size and weight of your shipment. They may tell you that escorts are required in every state the shipment is traveling through, or that permits in every state are $50, when in reality escorts are only needed in a couple states and permits range in pricing. This will result in either you paying for something you don’t need (I.E. Escorts when they are unnecessary), or receiving a higher bill after the fact because certain charges for permits, escorts or route survey’s weren’t included in the original quote. If they don’t know the requirements, or correct equipment types for each shipment, it can cause delays and cost you money. At KCC, we pride ourselves in having the experience and knowledge to avoid those problems and keep you informed in everything you need for your shipment. We focus on the most cost effective way of shipping, not what would be the easiest way for us.
Big brings its own set of challenges.
Problems many people face:
- Flexible Pricing – Being underquoted on wrong type/size trailers.
- Wrong equipment sent in – Others having the inability to provide the service they quoted for.
- Delays due to not doing research – Having the delivery time missed due to permitting/equipment issues that were not planned for.
KCC Solutions to common problems:
- Firm fixed pricing – we will never hit you with unexpected charges.
- Correct Trailer Types – We do our research and know exactly which type of trailer is needed for each shipment
- Knowing permitting times – We have over 50 years’ worth of experience in the area. We understand how much time permitting requires and will make sure you are aware of that for each and every shipment.
Heavy Haul shipments require special routing and specialized trailers to handle extreme weight. We regularly handle shipments in excess of 150,000 pounds, and with our ability to access 7, 8, 10, and 12 axle RGN trailers as well as specialized Goldhofer trailers, we can get your heavy haul shipment delivered.
A super load is a shipment that is outside the routine permit limits set by each state. Super loads usually require escorts, permits, and/or route surveys. Our team of dedicated experts will review each shipment at the bid phase and provide you with a complete breakdown of cost and requirements.
When it comes to super loads, many companies commit to things they can’t fulfill. They don’t always know that a shipment is considered a super load, so they under quote – missing escorts, permits, and route surveys. This also causes missed deadlines and delivery delays.
At KCC, we have the experience and knowledge to avoid these issues.