We make sure those moving parts get to your site on time and on budget. Our service allows your project managers to focus on what you do best, while we concentrate on managing your freight.
When it comes to upgrading a power plant, drilling for oil, and erecting new facilities, there are a lot of moving parts
How we help you achieve more
We start by reviewing the project requirements: delivery deadlines, budgets, and shipping. We then build a detailed shipping and logistics plan that will help ensure on-time deliveries as well as a consistent flow of materials to the job site.
Why is all of this important? Well imagine 30 of your workers hanging around your job site, but the materials aren’t there. Now you have costly delays. By getting all your materials to your job site exactly when you need them to be there, we make sure you don’t waste money or time.
Examples of Projects we’ve handled:
Oil Field Plant
The Kenneth Clark Company was contracted by a manufacturer that builds Oil Field Plants to ship three new plants to three different sites in Wisconsin. They required approximately 40 truckloads per site that were a combination of over dimensional and legal flatbeds and step deck shipments, as well as 20 oversized double drop shipments.
- The manufacturer needed a consistent supply of a minimum of 5 trucks per day, 6 days a week
- The shipper was not able to tell KCC what size equipment needed to go each day, and whether it would be over dimensional or legal size. They could only specify the type of truck required.
- The material had to arrive at the site without delays (i.e. permit issues, etc) in order to meet installation crews.
- The manufacturer didn’t know which delivery site each truck would need to go to until the driver was loaded.
How KCC Helped Solve The Issues:
- Built and implemented a communication plan that allowed KCC to coordinate with the loading crew and the driver to arrange final delivery after the drivers were loaded.
- Built a pricing plan and contracted with suppliers so they could carry any size shipment from legal to the largest over dimensional piece, without having to negotiate after loading.
- Coordinated with state permit agencies to help expedite permit times in order to help insure a consistent flow of material to the site
The Kenneth Clark Company was contracted to provide transportation services for the movement of 62 over dimensional and super load shipments. The contract was issued by the US Army Reserve Logistics Squadron based out of Baltimore, MD to arrange, load, and deliver all 62 truck loads in a window of 5 business days.
Failure to meet the required deadline would have resulted in a mission failure for the US Army and the cancellation of Operation Brightstar.
The Kenneth Clark Company received a certificate of recognition from the US Army Reserve for completing the mission on time and under budget.
Logistics Support and Consulting:
- Developed Load and Transportation Plans
- Contacted Each DOT office prior to pickup to make special arrangements and to expedite the permit process.
Trucking Services: Fort Eustice, VA to Jacksonville, FL
- 12 KALMAR Forklifts
- Trailer Requirement: 12 Axel Heavy Haul Trailers
- Dimensions of Equipment: 40′ x 12′ x 10′ – 116,000 lbs
- 10 – M1A1 Transport Trailers
- Trailer Requirements: 12 RGN Stretch Trailers
- Dimensions of Equipment: 50′ x 10′ x 6′ – 60,000 lbs
- 10 – M1A1 Transport Tractors
- Trailer Requirements: 12 RGN Trailers
- Dimensions of Equipment: 20′ x 10′ x 10′ – 50,000 lbs
Trucking Services: Fort Meade, MD to Jacksonville, FL
- 60 HMMV’s and Support Trucks
- Trailer Requirements: 30 Flatbed and Step Decks
- Dimensions of Equipment: Various Sizes